Solarize Charlotte's mission was to bring roof top solar to as many Charlotte residence as possible. Solarize Charlotte was sponsored by the Cleaner is Cheaper Coalition, a group of over 20 different organizations. With the help of the Cleaner is Cheaper Coalition, a group discount was given to participants as well as support to gainin glow interest loans and navigating the tax incentinves available. See More
The Solarize Model is endorsed by the U.S. Department of Energy. The first “Solarize” program began in 2009 as a grassroots initiative to boost solar energy usage in Portland. Since then, the program has experienced success in dozens of cities across the country including the Solarize Charlotte Program, which closed 7/31/14.
Renewable Energy Design Group was perfect partner for the Solarize Charlotte Program
- 20 years combined expierence
- We use digitized online and automated processes
- Seamless transition
- Personal contact with RED group
- 1 % of profits were donated to a local charity
- Social benefits=renewable energy education and advocacy for local sustainability, environmental stewardship for a cleaner healthier future
- Partnered with Sylvester & Cockrum, a design-build firm with electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and engineering capabilities.
"The Red Group Team did a very thorough job of presenting their proposal. The written proposal was easy to understand and complete. No hidden costs. They met every time line and stayed in constant communication. I would highly recommend them for your solar projects."
- Homeowner, Solarize Charlotte participant