Solar Energy Industries Association
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is a national trade organization that continues to build a strong solar energy industry. SEIA supports solar installers through education, shared research on new technology, advocacy, and market research.
Every organization that is a member of SEIA must adhere to a strict code of ethic. This code of ethic is:
As a member organization of the Solar Energy Industries Association® (SEIA®), we are committed to conducting our business in an ethical manner and upholding the integrity of the solar industry. As part of this commitment, we pledge to:
- Accurately and honestly represent the cost, capabilities, reliability, performance and other characteristics of solar products and services in all business dealings.
- Design, build, install, operate and/or maintain products in a manner compatible with public health, safety, and environmental values.
- Employ or engage well‐trained personnel to provide current, correct, and understandable product information.
- Offer and honor clear, understandable warranties that comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Treat consumers in a professional and timely manner.
- Accurately and honestly represent any financing mechanism in any transaction so as to be highly transparent and forthright as to its terms.
- Conform to the law and intent of federal, state, utility, and local incentives and fairly represent the impact of such incentives in all transactions.
- Accurately and honestly represent ourselves and our products, services, and/or projects to any government entity from which we intend to receive financial or other assistance, and fully comply with the terms of any such assistance received.
- Accurately and honestly represent our primary business category and relevant revenue for purposes of SEIA membership.
- Support the mission and goals of SEIA.